Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dear Mr. Finisher

Thank You for the privilege to see yet another year end. Indeed, You only start what You’ve finished.
I remember those times at the beginning of the year when, being full of hope and aspirations, I wanted to take on all the good looking opportunities that came my way. Thank You for instructing me at those instances that not all that glitters is gold and not all gold glitters. This made me see the blessings of shut doors and open windows. I’m grateful Sir.
I also remember sometime in the middle of the year when I faced some tests I couldn’t comprehend. Those times when it looked like You went quiet on me because all my prayers seemed to “go into voicemail”. I’m glad You later helped me to understand that The Good Examiner doesn’t talk to His candidate during the exam. Not because He hates him but because He’s confident in both the things He’s taught him and the student’s ability to remember them.
When the end of the year drew near and I didn’t know what to make of the things I wanted that hadn’t come, thank You for reminding me that not every thing that is delayed depreciates in value. Sometimes, we don’t value time enough until we have to wait for it. A minute may seem small until it stands between us and a miracle. A time frame is more valuable with expectation at the end of it. Like vintage wine, passage of time causes growth of not just price but value. Thus, even if some of the items on my list are still not ticked, I’m grateful that You have ticked out all the items on Yours because You know the plans You have for me. Surely, I’ll tick out all items on mine before the year ends.
I would also like to thank You for reminding me that a prophecy isn’t what I’ll see when You do a thing but what You’ve done that I’ll see in time. You went on to say that a wait can become wasted at the last minute because, like someone meeting another person for the first time in a crowded place, everybody seems to be that person. So, I’ll wait until what’s mine arrives.
Looking back, I see that I’m not where I used to be and all worry about the rest of the journey fades away when I remember You are the one leading me. I’m effusively thankful that not only is this year ending well, this decade is ending even better. I could go on and on but please note that the brevity of my words in no way measure up to the intensity of my gratitude. Thanks so much.

Yours in writ,
‘Bayor
12/12/2010

| www.itunes.com/bayormartins | www.facebook.com/bayormartins |

No comments:

Post a Comment